Social media platforms nowadays have become an integral part of our day-to-day life. Being on social media brings numerous responsibilities towards the platform and users too. However, this platform is designed to share thoughts, experiences, and to build rapport with the digital world.
There might sometimes when the Facebook account gets suspect suspended. We understand it will leave you wondering why this happened and how to get over it or recover it. In this blog post, we will discuss the reasons behind Facebook account suspension and ways to recover it.
Reasons Behind Facebook Account Suspension
Why was your Facebook account suspended? Look below the reasons for the same:
- Violation of community standards: Let any other social media, Facebook has also set a few community standards. These outline the acceptable behavior on the platform. Facebook stated guidelines on hate speech, harassment, nudity, breaching, and other sort of harmful or expensive content. Whenever you violate the noted standards, then your account is eligible to get suspended.
- Copyright Infringement: Sharing of copyrighted content also leads to account suspension. Facebook considers this matter seriously and if you’re found practicing such activities on a regular basis without permission then your account might get suspended.
- Suspicious activity: By suspicious activity, Facebook considered any unusual activity on the account like sending multiple friend requests to those strangers. Moreover, the practice of engagement in spam behavior triggers Facebook Account’s security systems.
- Fraudulent activities: This is the common reason for your question “why Facebook suspended my account?”. Activities like running scams, using social engineering tactics, using surveys and quizzes to gather sensitive information, phishing schemes, impersonating brands to trick users, and many more can result in the suspension of your account.
Let’s explore the ways to recover it.
Recover Suspended Facebook Account in 3 Ways
Now that you have understood why your account gets suspended. Your next move could be to recover the suspended account. Here are the workarounds you can follow:
- Filing An Appeal
Filing an appeal works in most scenarios as whenever you file your appeal, Facebook reviews the account. the process includes checking for mistakes from their side or from the users’ side. Follow these steps to file an appeal for yourself:
- Step 1: Click here, to request a review.
- Step 2: On the following page, input your “mobile number” or “email address” link with the suspended account.
- Step 3: Enter your “full name” and upload your “ID” in JPEG format in order to verify your identity.
- Step 4: Lastly, click on “Send” to submit your appeal.
You need to follow this method within 30 days of your account suspension. Furthermore, carefully read the terms of the review page that mentions that Facebook stores your identity for one year to improve its algorithm that detects fake IDs.
- Choose Trusted Contacts For Help
If their system automatically disables your account, then Facebook allows you to set up trusted contacts. They act as preventive measures. With this, you can ask for a recovery code from your trusted contacts. Here are the steps to add your trusted contacts:
- Step 1: Head towards the “Security and login”.
- Step 2: Locate “Setting up extra security”, under it click on “Choose 3 to 5 friends to contact if you are locked out of your fb account”.
- Step 3: Now click on “Choose trusted contacts” from the appeared prompt.
Ask for Recovery Code
- Step 1: Click here, and search for your account by entering either your full name, email address, or username.
- Step 2: When you saw your suspended account click on the “No longer have access to these?” link.
- Step 3: Input “new email address” or “phone number” and click on “Reveal my trusted contacts”.
- Step 4: Type the full name of one of your trusted contacts and share the “special link” with him/her.
- Step 5: Ask your friend to open the link. He/she will get the “Recover code”. Ask them to share it with you.
- Step 6: Apply this code and recover your suspended account.
- Use Another Account
Another method to recover the suspended account is by using another account. you can use your family and friends account. Follow these steps to achieve what to wish for or recover your account:
- Step 1: Access your friends or family members’ account and land on your profile.
- Step 2: Click on the “three horizontal dots” icon and select “Find support or report profile”.
- Step 3: Choose “Something else”, and click on “Next” to proceed ahead.
- Step 4: Finally, hit on the “Recover this account” option.
These were the ways anyone can follow to recover a suspended Facebook account.
Although there are workarounds to recover the suspended account, you need to address the fact that Facebook suspends accounts to maintain a safe, healthy, and respectful environment for users all over the world. Whereas, if you believe that you haven’t done any wrongful activities then you can file an appeal to Facebook and recover the account within a few days.